- 400 g rice (Basmati, Thai or wild)
- 2 tablespoons Guénard Pecan Oil
- 2 tablespoons Guénard Grapeseed Oil
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 10 dried apricots
- 8 large pitted prunes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Salt and pepper
Cut the apricots into small pieces (and the prunes if desired). Finely mince the onions.
Heat the Guénard Grapeseed Oil in a hot frying pan and sauté the onions. When they become translucent, add the rice and then the apricots, currants and prunes (optional). Stir until the grains of rice become translucent. Pour in the Guénard Pecan Oil and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the cardamom, mix and pour in the water (equal to two times the volume of rice). Once the water is absorbed, turn off the heat under the pan and season with salt and pepper.